Saturday, January 31, 2009

Results from the week of 1/31

MAGIC THE GATHERING ONLINE status at a glance: Week ending 1/31/09
Drafts Shards of Alara (4-3-2-2): 4
Match Record (Draft): 2-4
Queues played this week: 12
Constructed pauper 2player:1
Constructed (Ala Block):40
Constructed (Extended):8
Constructed (Standard):7
Daily events std: 1
2 player: 1
Total Queues played: 56
Match Record (pauper mono-red):0-1
Match Record (extended Death cloud):2-0
Match Record (extended Death cloud2):0-3
Match Record (extended Dragonstorm): 2-1
Match Record (extended UR Storm): 0-1
Match Record (extended Ad Naseum): 2-0
Match Record (extended mono red ext): 0-2
Match Record extended Zoo):0-1
Match Record (Bant ext): 0-2
Match Record (Bant Block): 5-9
Match Record (Glenn Jund Block):2-6
Match Record (Rich’s Jund Block):0-2
Match Record (Rich’s Naya/Jund Block):13-13
Match Record (Rich’s Naya Block):0-1
Match Record (Mono-White Block):
Match Record (Esper Block):0-1
Match Record (BR tokens std):1-4
Match Record (WR reveillark weenie std):1-3
Match Record (Cruel control std):1-3
Overall Match Record: 30-51
Packs won this week: 8
Packs won total: 33
Tickets from packs this week: 25
Tickets from packs total: 117
Net ticket gain this week: -5
Net ticket gain total: 2
Money spent this week: 30
Money spent Overall (Started on 1/1/09): 115


So this does not represent my best playing I'll admit. The week started out all right, but towards the end I started making stupid mistakes. I was playing tired, trying to race when I should have slowed down, I even missed my turn because I was distracted. The jund/naya deck I reviewed last week took a hit this week, catching up on losses to come equal to it's wins. It did win a few more times though, so I think it's the case of the deck's player rather then the deck's synergy. I have noticed an increase in land flood this week, where I would just need a creature or removal spell. It really didn't matter much, but I would draw land for 4-5 turns, and they would stabilize and recover. It happens with much more frequency on MTGO then in real life it seems. My friend and I both experience this, and we both thing that the shuffler program needs a few tweaks. However, nothing we can really do about it, so until next week remember...all work an no play.

No comments: