Saturday, November 29, 2008

So how did the tourny go...

Well, i decided to play Faeries again... yeah yeah yeah, I know I'm a glutton for punishment.

I start off first hand with good spells, but shaky mana. Basically, if I didn't draw a black or blue source of mana by turn three I'd be in trouble. Well it's turn 5 now, and I'm in trouble. I'm facing Red deck wins which is my absolute worst matchup other then the mirror. My shaky mana doesn't recover in time, and I concede at 3 life.

Sideboarding: + 2 Eyeblight’s Ending, 2 Glen Elendra Archmage, 1 Terror, 3 Flashfreeze
- 4 Thoughtseize, 3 Sower of Temptation, 1 Fathom Trawl

2nd game: i draw a decent hand of Secluded glen, agony warp, mutavault, remove soul, sunken ruins, island, and Mistbind clique. I keep. He starts out with a flamekin bladewhirl. That's different from the typical RDW build, and I take note of it. I remove soul his boggart ram gang, and take another hit from the bladewhirl. We play the counter/burn spell shuffle, andthen he sticks a Vexing shusher, and I stick a Mistbind clique. My next spell is a bitterblossom, and I just take control of the game from there.

3rd game: My hand is four land, bitterblossom, eyeblight's ending, and scion of oona. I keep.

He came out hard...creature creature creature, and I was on the backfoot the entire time. I managed to stabilize at 4 life and take control of the game. I lost cause I got greedy. I attacked with all my guys, when I should have left 2 blockers up. i thought about it too, but I decided to go for it, cause I had cryptic command in hand. He had gutteral response to counter my cryptic, and killed me. Just got too greedy.









Until next time, remember all work and no play...

No comments: