Saturday, November 29, 2008

The day after thanksgiving

Hey all, hope you all had a happy turkey day. I sure did, and you can read all about it on my life blog. So the day after thanksgiving was suppose to be decorating day, just like last year. The Mrs. and I took down the xmas decorations from the attic, I brought down the lights and the tree and was getting all set to start decorating. Then the procrastination happened. I ended up playing Magic and Halo for more of the day then I wanted, for various reasons. On the plus side though, I got to play Magic, so here's the report for the day. I chose this format from one that I had seen on magic.tcgplayer.com, and it seemed to work well for that guy.

So starting value:

Since its the holidays and i'm getting close to broke buying presents for everyone, I went with a conservative amount 25 dollars.

Starting items for 11/29/08:
3 packs of Shards of Alara worth 4 tix each
12 tickets each worth a dollar.

rating:constructed: 1536 (I've been experimenting with Rogue decks lately and it's been hard on the rating)
Limited rating: 1624 ( I've worked hard to get this rating back up from a low point of 1348, I'm actually proud of this number.)
NOTE: 1600 rating is the default starting value

Here's how the games went.

First 4-man tournament I played my faeries deck. It's currently the top deck in the format, but I came up against the mirror, and the cards did not flow in my favor. He got bitterblossom out both games, and I didn't. There's not much I can do about that. He was so far ahead on tempo both games, that by the time I got into the game, it was over. (-4 tix)

2nd constructed: This on I took all the way through the strength of an old friend. G/B Elves an almost exact copy of the last seasons list. No one expects them and they are killer against faeries especially. (+2 packs)

The next two constructed I lost first round with faeries to a planeswalker control deck cause I got land screwed third game, and the next tourny I ran elves, but came across a rogue doran token/discard deck, that I didn't know how to play against. (-8 tix)

I decided to head to limited and did two drafts.(-6 packs)

The first draft i went bant with a splash of naya, and took second.

The next draft I got the weirdest five color monstrosity of a deck, that I lost first round with.

So at the end of the day I had 2 packs left and no tickets.

I've traded one of the pack for 4 tix, and am going to play another std tournament. I'll let you know how it goes

No comments: